To be able to respond to demand, each segment of the building can be used for both laboratories or offices and grid segments can be linked as desired. In addition, the various installations and walls can be altered from office to laboratory and vice versa with minimal intervention. The labs are suitable for research at an ML1 and ML2 level.
The building houses laboratories, offices, sanitary facilities, a bicycle shelter and several communal areas. It was important that the design afforded a certain degree of flexibility, allowing tenants to fit out their individual spaces as required. TU Delft also asked us to take into account the possibility of future expansion of the building, with a minimal impact on existing tenants. To comply with this, the current structure occupies 75% of the available land, leaving 25% for potential expansion. Cordeel was the main contractor and implemented the project within a short construction period of just 10 months.